- The FY14 Annual budget deadline for student orgs is Friday, March 29 at 5pm. Please note that FY14 budget applications must be for events/activities that occur during fiscal year 2014, which begins July 1, 2013.
2012-2013 GPAC Funding Deadlines
FY13 Supplemental 1
- Funding Deadline: Friday, September 14, 2012 at 5pm
- During Supplemental 1, GPAC will fund events/activities that occur between September 16, 2012 and November 9, 2012.
FY13 Supplemental 2
- Funding Deadline: Friday, November 2, 2012 at 5pm
- During Supplemental 2, GPAC will fund events/activities that occur between November 4, 2012 and February 8, 2013.
FY13 Supplemental 3
- Funding Deadline: Friday, February 1, 2013 at 5pm
- During Supplemental 3, GPAC will fund events/activities that occur between February 3, 2013 and June 30, 2013.
FY14 Annual Budgets (non-CFOs)
- Funding Deadline: Friday, March 29, 2013 at 5pm
- During the FY14 Annual Budget cycle, GPAC will fund events/activities that occur during FY14, which begins on July 1, 2013. Please note: GPAC may defer funding decisions for events/activities that occur late in FY14 to appropriate FY14 supplemental budget cycles.
Applying for GPAC Funding
The Graduate and Professional Allocation Committee (GPAC), a committee of ECGPS, is in charge of distributing all funding for student organizations in the University of Iowa graduate schools. GPAC will review and recommend funding for any student organization that applies, however preference is first given to events that are of interest to primarily Graduate and Professional Students.
To request for supplemental funding, student organizations must be recognized by the Center for Student Involvement and Leadership. This can be done by completing the following steps:
1) Log on to OrgSync using your HawkID and Password and complete your personal profile.
2) Once you’ve signed in, view the list of student organizations, and select the “Register New Organization” tab to fill out the required information for your organization.
3) If you wish to become a newly recognized student organization, you must create a constitution for your organization. When completed, fill out the appropriate information and upload it onto OrgSync. New organizations are reviewed every Wednesday for approval. Basic user instructions for OrgSync are posted to this page for your reference.
Once you've successfully become a recognized student organization you may apply for funding. That can be done by completing the steps outlined below.
Below are links to video tutorials that explain in detail how to request funding from GPAC and SABAC. Click on the links to open the videos.
- Funding Guidelines
- Supplemental Funding Tenets
- Funding Requests Do's and Don'ts
- Audit Policy
STEP-BY-STEP WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS
Delegating a Treasurer
1) From the Home page of your Student Organization, click on “People” and select “All”
2) Select the profile of whomever you wish to make the treasurer.
3) Click the tab entitled “Permissions”
4) Scroll down until you see the list entitled “Treasury” and check mark the boxes of tasks you wish your treasurer to have access to. Though “Budgets” is the most important, clicking all the boxes is encouraged.
Making a Budget Request
1) Only the treasurer can access the budget request forms
2) From the Home page of your Student Organization, click on “Treasury” and select “Budgets”
3) Select the “Period” that you are currently in. It will start with “FY” and then have the two numbers of the current year. (For example, 2012 would be represented by “FY12”)
4) Once the correct Period is selected, click on “New Budget”
5) Select the appropriate “Category” that your budget request regards and then title your request in the “Name” section.
6) Under “Line Item” select the type of item your budget request will be used for and then describe in detail what exactly you’re request this budget for. Add additional line items as necessary
7) Under “Requested Amount” type your requested budget amount with both dollars and cents.
8) Fill out any forms associated with the budget item(s).
9) Add additional budget categories and line items as necessary.
10) Once you have completed and reviewed your budget request, press the "submit" button. You may also leave comments for budget reviewers
If you have any questions, get a hold of us at email@example.com
Please direct any questions/issues you may have regarding OrgSync to the UI OrgSync Specialist: Eric Rossow.
Funding Guidelines and Regulations
Bylaws and Funding Guidelines
CFO Recognition/Renewal/Funding Timeline
- AY2012-2013 CFO Recognition/Renewal and Funding Timeline
- FY13 Supplemental 3 Funding Results
- FY13 Supplemental 2 Funding Results
- FY13 Supplemental 1 Funding Results
- FY13 Annual Funding Results
- Fiscal 2012 Results and Summer Funding
- Supplemental Funding I Spreadsheet
- Supplemental Funding I Minutes
- Supplemental Funding II Spreadsheet
- Supplemental Funding II Minutes
- FY11 Budget Results (June 1, 2010)
- Supplemental Funding I Results
- Supplemental Funding II Results
- Supplemental III Funding Results
- Supplemental IV Funding Results
GPAC Recommendations & Decisions
FISCAL YEAR 2013
FISCAL YEAR 2012
FISCAL YEAR 2011
All organizations that receive funding for events/programs from GPAC and ECGPS must include the ECGPS logo on advertisements for their events/programs. Links to the logos are below.